California San Diego Mission

California San Diego Mission

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Big News

So this week has been so great! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! seriously it is the best thing ever. But as you can tell by the title of this email i have some really big news for yall. Well yesterday was transfers....and i am staying in the same area....but i have a new companion. Her name is Sister Patterson and she IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MISSIONARIES HERE!!!!!! I LITERALLY HAVE THEW BEST COMPANION EVER!!!! But that is not the most exciting news. Yesterday before the transfer email went out i got a phone call from the mission president (President Schmitt). And when i saw that he was calling i knew it was 1 of three things. 1-i was being sent home  2-my family had died 3-i was being sent full proselyting. Well to my surprise as i answered the phone it was none of those three things. Instead i was hit with a much bigger surprise. President called me and told me that the Lord has called me to serve as a Sister Training Leader at the Mormon Battalion. For all of you that dont know what that means, it means that i am now in charge of 22 sisters at the MoBat, including my companion and myself. I have to help them with their missionary work, plan the schedules for the MoBat, plan training every thursday morning, go on exchanges with all the sisters once a transfer, and council all the sisters when they are troubled, and a whole long list of other things. It is such an honor to be called as a sister training leader and most of the sisters dont get the chance to be one. I feel completely inadequate for the job, but whom the Lord calls He qualifies. I thought that i was going to train again this transfer, and i was fully ready for the responsibility of training a new missionary, but nope the Lord had a different plan for me. Instead he called me to be a leader. Something that i definitely did not expect at ALL!!! 

This next transfer is going to be awesome and i really cant wait to work hard and serve all the sisters at the Mormon Battalion as their STL.. It is really such a privilege and i am truly humbled by the opportunity i have to do all these amazing things there in San Diego. Once again i truly LOVE being a missionary!! It is one of the most amazing decisions of my life. The things that i have learned here cant be learned anywhere else. I love my area, i lover my companion, i love the MoBat, i love San Diego and i love Jesus Christ!! 


So this Sunday i get to skype home!!! Wooo i will probably skype home around 1:30 or 2:00 California time, so that probably 2:30 or 3 New Mexico time. I'm not 100 percent sure. I get out of church at 1:00 and then have to work at the MoBat from 4:30-9 so it will be between that time limit! Have lots of questions ready because like Christmas i will only have a short amount of time and it goes by really really fast!...:(

I love you all so much and i am super excited to see you this Sunday! Everyone else come visit me over here at the Mormon Battalion, i will take you on the best tour ;)
Have a blessed week and know that things are on fire over here in San Diego! I love it so much:)

XoXoXo 

Sister Olivia Ann Price 

PS i hit my 9 month mark this week so im going to send you my prego pic. Elders when they are half way through their missions burn a shirt of something, when sisters are half way we take pictures like we are prego. (get it 9 months down??) and the other pic is of our Recent Convert Dana-she got to go to the temple this week and do baptism for her family. It was a really special moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment